Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The best parts of Lisfranc Physical Therapy

At 18 weeks following lisfranc surgery, my favorite part of physical therapy is when my therapist manipulates and massages my foot.  This is no longer the painful experience it once was and I can actually move my foot better when he is finished.  I do think his hands have magical healing powers!


lisfranc physical therapy massage and manipulation

lisfranc physical therapy



The next best thing to my therapists medicinal hands is the ice machine at the end of my therapy session.  This machine works very similar to how we breathe.  It fills the boot with air and after a few seconds, lets the air out  while keeping my foot at a nice icy temperature.  15 minutes of painless ecstasy!
Icing after lisfranc physical therapy





1 comment:

  1. I am grateful for this blog. I had LisFranc surgery 17 weeks ago. The icing after physical therapy is indeed the most glorious part of the whole experience.

    Thank you again for blogging your journey.

    ReplyDelete