Monday, November 11, 2013

Amazing leap forward at 26 weeks post lisfranc surgery

Today marks another milestone in my lisfranc recovery journey!  While shopping at the grocery store, perusing isle after isle of items, I suddenly became aware that I hadn't thought about my foot since I walked into the store!  The realization hit me after walking halfway through the entire store without one ounce of pain or stiffness.

26 weeks post lisfranc surgery scar
 I couldn't stop smiling at feeling so "normal" and greeted everyone I saw with a huge grin.  I did resist the urge to tell complete strangers to notice that I was just a normal walking shopper, once again.

  After checking out, another shopper bumped into me and I didn't fall apart in a panic worrying she would step on my recovering foot.  In fact, my first reflex was no longer to pick up my right foot and hide it behind my left for protection.  Instead I managed to smile and say, "hello."  WOW!!!!!

I am now able to walk about 3/4 the speed of other people and I can keep that gait without a limp!
26 weeks post lisfranc surgery wardrobe

I still am much more comfortable in sneakers and decided to buy matching jackets.  I girl needs choices of what to wear in  the cold Minnesota fall weather!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great news! Good luck with surgery on Wednesday and let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kara
    Thanks so much for wishing me well on my surgery today. I am a little anxious about the recovery, but know I am doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete