Friday, November 1, 2013

25 weeks post lisfranc surgery

Finally, after 25 weeks of healing from lisfranc surgery, I am able to do 2 full hours of regular housework, including being able to vacuum!!  I never thought I would say I enjoyed doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, picking up, getting out Thanksgiving decorations etc!!!  My foot told me I need to stop, but that's OK. I can honestly say, I am thrilled to be able to take back another part of my life!!! 

I also decided to move up my hardware removal surgery to Nov 20th.  This decision was based on my insurance, who will pay for the entire surgery if I have it done by the end of 2013.

I traded a couple of e-mails with my physical therapist (whose wife has still not had their baby boy yet) and he wants to come and observe my operation! (My surgeon and my PT have a good relationship.) I am absolutely thrilled!!!!!  How cool is it that he wants to follow my case even after I have graduated from PT!!!!


plates and screws after lisfranc surgery
24 weeks post op


So, in a few weeks I will be saying "good-bye" to the plates and screws that were imperative to my healing bones!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are doing better. I did not have to have surgery or anything. All together i had a dislocation of the second metatarsal, tendonitis in the posterior tibialis, peroneous brevis, and achilles tendon. I talo fibular ligament sprain, an extra bone in my foot, and a possible navicular stress fracture ( hard to tell since the MRI was taken 6 weeks after i got the walking cast), Wearing tennis shoes still hurt occasionally, because of the laces across the top of my foot. I got some of the vibram 5 finger shoes, so i can work out without pain. I am still not going for walks, although regular daily walking usually doesnt hurt. At the gym i will ride the bike or ellipticals . exercises for balance and to strengthen the muscles of my shins. I also see a personal trainer once a week to help me with exercises to strengthen and keep me from re-injuring myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Apryl
    I am so happy that you didn't have to have surgery and are healing well without screws and plates drilled into your foot! It is also nice to hear that regular daily walking is pain free for you and that you are able to go to the gym. Thanks for the idea of hiring a personal trainer to help with exercises. I think I am going to check into that after my hardware removal surgery. Thanks for the update and I wish you all the best in your recovery!

    ReplyDelete