Sunday, July 21, 2013

10 weeks post lisfranc surgery



10 exhausting painful weeks of lisfranc surgery recovery are finally behind me! 













This week my physical therapist told me I am doing too much physical therapy.  I have been going to the HydroWorx pool 6 days a week, and taking land physical therapy 2 days a week.  In addition I have been doing my at home exercises twice a day and most days I have been  practicing walking in our pool at home.  By Friday it was painful to do anything at all related to walking.

I have been forced to take the week-end off from all therapy and give my foot a chance to calm down.  In my eagerness to be normal again, I have overdone my recovery and have pushed too hard, too fast.   I have to turn down my enthusiasm and admit to myself I cannot speed up the healing process.  Patience with my foot has been the hardest thing for me to learn during this arduous recovery phase.

10 weeks post lisfranc surgery 



No comments:

Post a Comment