Tuesday, July 9, 2013

At last pain free sleep after lisfranc surgery

Last night was my first full night's sleep completely pain free since my lisfranc surgery on May 10th.  I didn't even need extra strength tylenol!  I woke up this morning and realized that I had not only slept through the night without waking up, I was completely pain free!  What a wonderful milestone to have achieved! 

I have spent several minutes this morning going over yesterday's activities to determine what I did right to earn pain free sleep.  Yesterday my sports trainer increased my activities during my hydroWorx therapy but did start and end my session with deep tissue massage on my injured foot.  

click here for more information on HydroWorx therapy

In the afternoon I had 5 kids over to swim in our pool, but I let their grandma and mother be the life guards while I iced my foot.

I did my land physical therapy exercises and iced afterward.  So I am thinking ice and elevation after using my foot is the key to less pain.


Ice air cast

No comments:

Post a Comment