Saturday, July 13, 2013

Accelerated recovery from lisfranc surgery using HydroWorx therapy

I have been doing 30 minutes a day of HydroWorx therapy 6 days a week and have made monumental leaps forward in my lisfranc surgery recovery!

The HydroWorx therapy pool's floor is an elevator which slowly lowers to the desired water level.  The higher the water level, the less weight on my recovering foot.  
Click for more information on HydroWorx Therapy pools
http://www.silvercrestproperties.com/node/459















The floor of the HydroWorx pool is a treadmill with adjustable speed.  I have found if I let the treadmill do the work, my recovering foot will naturally make the correct motions for walking.


There are cameras in the HydroWorx pool so that my sports therapist and I can check to see if I am making the correct walking motions with both feet.  We found that when it is painful to put weight on my recovering foot, I compensate by moving my "normal" foot incorrectly as well. 





 The camera's allow her to point out what I am doing incorrectly, so that I can make the right adjustments.  



Click for more information on HydroWorx therapy pools
http://www.silvercrestproperties.com/node/459

  
This week I have been able to walk correctly (under water) and be completely PAIN FREE!!



2 comments:

  1. So if I could consider the photos the so called acceleration therapy is not pertaining on psychological therapy process clearly it's an actual physical therapy for those injured people.-accelerated resolution therapy Tampa-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment.
      Yes, the HydroWorx pool is used for physical therapy to rehabilitate physical injuries and is not a form of psychological therapy.

      Delete