Monday, October 21, 2013

23 weeks post lisfranc surgery



The first snowflakes of the season are falling today in the Twin Cities and not the pretty fluffy kind. This snow is more like ice pellets.

I cannot believe my lisfranc recovery summer is over and winter is edging near.  My lisfranc injury occurred on March 9th 2013 and my lisfranc surgery took place on May 10th, 2013.  At that time, I never dreamed I would still be thinking constantly about my foot and my ability to walk as the Minnesota snow season officially starts once again.




23 weeks post lisfranc surgery image


I now have the ability to stop quickly and even maneuver at a moments notice to get out of someone's way. Even though I cannot do quick actions pain free, this new ability has come in handy in crowded situations.

Not every step I take is painless, but I have worked hard to reach my goal of "normal walking" and celebrate each step that is pain free  as I march towards the finish line.


23 weeks post lisfranc surgery scar image

I still measure how many steps it takes to get from one place to another, but the scope has greatly increased!  For example, instead of judging the actual step count from my chair to the kitchen, I now measure how long I will be on my feet happily walking around Nordstroms or the grocery store.  I know I have a limited amount of pain free steps, so I try to space out my errands so I can accomplish a little pain free walking each day.


23 weeks lisfranc surgery image right side view

I am really looking forward to my 24 week surgical follow up with my surgeon next week. I am hoping my x-rays will show a full recovery.


23 weeks after lisfranc surgery image left side view
 Friday, I will have my 28th and final physical therapy appointment and hope to hear I am 90% recovered!

lisfranc recovery image  23 weeks after surgery ( right foot)


No comments:

Post a Comment