Sunday, October 27, 2013

Success!!!!


After healing for 24 weeks from lisfranc surgery, I am finally able to walk DOWN the steep hill of our driveway!!!!!!





For weeks my ultimate goal has been to be able to walk both up and DOWN our driveway to get our mail which  not only emcompasses a very steep hill, it is 2/10 of a mile round trip!

Today I accomplished my goal!!!!!!!  My recovering foot ached a little going down, but I have to say it was more tender than painful.  Going up was not too hard at all!

With the help of my husband, I also planted 90 tulips, and did several other outside tasks.  When my foot said it was time to quit, I happily elevated and iced, knowing I am now doing things I haven't been able to do in over 7 months!!!!!

There is a pot of gold at the end of lisfranc recovery and today I took back a few more missing pieces of my life.....


3 comments: