Sunday, October 20, 2013

Wearing "real shoes" at last!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 23 weeks of healing after my lisfranc surgery, I am finally able to wear "real shoes."
OK, so their not "cute shoes," but they are not ugly!!!

23 weeks after lisfranc surgery and finally wearing real shoes


For weeks I  have been searching for comfortable flats that wouldn't put pressure along my incision or press on the big toe area that is still numb.  In other words, I was looking for a shoe that fit like a sneaker, but looked like a real shoe.

I was just about to give up when I found out that I would need to attend a funeral of a dear friend.  I just couldn't imagine wearing either pair of my neon sneakers to such a somber and formal affair.  So off to Nordstroms I went.  The salesman I had was fantastic and after explaining my situation, brought out these shoes:


Comfortable shoes after lisfranc surgery


 These shoes have a zipper on both sides for an easy, painless entry.  The leather is soft and flexible, virtually putting little to no pressure on the top of my foot when I take a step.

Double zippers make these shoes comfortable after lisfranc surgery

 The inside of the shoe has a nice arch support with removable soles in case my surgeon decides I will need to have orthotics.

When I wore my new shoes to church today, I was bubbling over with happiness.  I had to resist the urge to tell everyone, including  complete strangers, that I was wearing real shoes for the first time since March 9th, 2013!!! 

Instead I settled with smiling widely as I proudly walked down the isle to my seat. I felt my heart racing and it was hard to contain my elation at this momentous occasion. 

My friends, who asked me how my foot was doing,  were met with me excitedly pointing at my feet and announcing that I was wearing my first pair of real shoes. I received more than my share of hugs today!!!!!
A comfortable shoe brand to wear after lisfranc surgery

In case you want to check out my shoes, the brand name is Munro. They are not cheap, but not nearly as expensive as Manalo Blahik's.

No comments:

Post a Comment