Friday, October 25, 2013

Graduation Day!!!!! (24 weeks post lisfranc surgery)

 Today I officially "graduated" from physical therapy!!!  Plus, my therapist said it was time to retire my cane permanently!!!! I am absolutely ready to start my "real life" and slowly begin my "normal" activities once again.


Good - Bye cane!  (24 weeks post lisfranc surgery)
My PT measured my range of motion and compared it to my non injured foot and announced that I now have my full range of motion once again.  When he measured my foot strength, I almost pushed him off his chair!!  He actually laughed and said my foot is now full strength.  No more atrophy!!!

24 weeks after lisfranc surgery image


My actual recovery test score came in at a disappointing 70% but that is because I cannot run, jog or walk very far yet.  That will take more time. But I can walk slowly, and I am absolutely thrilled with my progress!


24 weeks after lisfranc surgery picture
right side view

My instructions moving forward are pretty simple.  "Listen to my foot."   I can resume going to the club and use the stationery bike, the elliptical machine and also the leg press, (In addition to my treadmill at home.) He also said to go ahead and do the balancing exercises and stretches to keep my range of motion and flexibility.

24 weeks post lisfranc surgery
left side view



When it came time to actually say "good-bye" it was much harder than I ever imagined.  How do you say "good-bye" to the man who taught you to walk again?  There are not the right words to express the depth of my gratitude for what he helped me accomplish.  He gave me my life back! So, after a huge hug and a few tears (on my part), I rushed to my car consoling myself with the fact that today is most likely his last day before he goes out on paternity leave.  His wife is due to have their baby boy any minute, so I wouldn't have had him for another PT session anyway.

24 weeks post lisfranc surgery scar

The next milestone for me will be my 24 week post surgical follow up which is next Tuesday.  Hopefully that will result in good news as well!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment