Friday, June 21, 2013

6 weeks post lisfranc surgery

I have finally made it to week 6 of my lisfranc recovery journey.  Physically and psychologically this is a gigantic mile stone in my recovery.  

Here are some pictures of  6 weeks post lisfranc surgery:

My incision if finally starting to heal. But my foot remains discolored with faint blue and red tones especially when not elevated.











  Both sides of my ankle remain swollen, but the bruising is entirely gone. The black, yellow and green tones have disappeared.






I celebrated my 6 week milestone today by having lunch with a girlfriend at one of my favorite restaurants.  It was fabulous being able to navigate the stairs in our home, use crutches to get to her car and not be afraid of either the pain or re-injury.  It is a beautiful day and we were able to sit outside at a table by the lake. I was able to prop my foot up on the chair next to me and quite astonishing, there were times I completely forgot about my foot!!! I felt almost "normal."   Pain free times have been few and far between and to experience pain free moments while celebrating this day was a true blessing!!

12 comments:

  1. You're blog has been most helpful. I had my surgery on 5/15 where I have 2 screws. I'm having my second post op appointment six weeks later on 7/2. I find out my next "move"

    I have been out of work since 5/13. I am apprehensive about returning to work without my full independence. I relied on my very helpful coworks for a month while I was misdiagnosed and then finally diagnosed correctly (three weeks later).

    Best wishes to you in your continued healing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my surgery on 5/10/13 so I am only 5 days ahead of you in this journey! Hope you get great news at your post op appointment tomorrow! Hopefully you will also be entering the world of physical therapy. I think you will be able to move around much more independently soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had surgery on 7-3-14 still can't put at on it and can't more my toes I had 3 screws is this normal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocking a 12 wks post surgery (had two screws), nearly back to normal motion and walking, but my foot is nearly a shoe size taller and pretty lump. There is no swelling. Your surgeon looks much more skilled than mine. But I'm a dude so heels much more optional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am six weeks post surgery (May 17) and I have five screws and still am not allowed to put any weight on it but I'm out of a cast and in a boot. The incision is healed but I'm just waiting for the glue to fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's it? You do not want to see mine..3 longer incisions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started to write Lisfranc poetry..

    My Right Foot

    Anyone interested in reading my Lisfranc Poetry?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisfranc, Lisfranc,

    you dirty, little skank

    my foot's marbly mauve

    my bandage is rank

    by the grace of healthcare

    staff stealth and hardware

    pain blocks and heavy sedation

    I heard no such word



    "hard cheese old sport,

    we had to resort

    to full foot

    amputation."



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much your journey was so helpfully.i..I'm on the end of my first week.after spending 6 weeks already with a mis diagnosed injury so starting all over again.but put right now and your words and pic,s helped thank you

      Delete
  9. Getting rib of Herpes virus wasn't easy, I came across Dr voodoo on how he
    has cured so many people from herpes and other illness so I decided to give
    him a try, now am permanently cured using the natural herbs medication and
    cleansing supplement sent by Dr voodoo no more herpes, contact Dr voodoo
    WhatsApp number +2348140120719 also e-mail him at:
    voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete