Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pool Therapy for lisfranc surgery recovery

Today I started pool therapy for my lisfranc surgery recovery.  My physical therapist endorsed my surgeon's suggestion that I walk for 20 minutes each day in our pool in chest high water. 

 I found walking in the water is a lot less painful than trying to practice walking in a sneaker. It proved to be a wonderful way to practice learning to walk again while I repeated my mantra "heal, toe, follow through."  If you have access to a pool, I highly recommend water therapy.  (with your doctors and therapists permission of course.)

I did 2 20 minute sessions followed by the exercises my physical therapist gave me.  I am so tired physically and mentally!  And  my foot is really upset with me, so I have to call it quits for today.  I am once again sitting in my chair with my ice air cast on and my foot elevated.  But, despite the pain, I also have a sense of satisfaction that I haven't felt in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment